Saturday, October 9, 2010

A baby's first injury...

...shouldn't be caused by their mother, but for Lucy, this was the case. As I was cutting Lucy's fingernails last night, she moved suddenly causing me to take a chunk out of the tip of her thumb. It started bleeding and she was of course screaming, but it still did not seem that bad...BUT after holding pressure for 30 minutes without the bleeding slowing down or Lucy calming down, I decided I should call the doctor. It was of course after hours on a Friday afternoon, but the on call doctor was soooo sweet. Her instructions were to soak a cloth in Afrin nose spray or Visine red eyes and hold pressure for 15 minutes. If the bleeding hadn't stopped after that, then we needed to go to the ER for a small stitch. Well, Jay raced over to the local pharmacy for the Afrin, Visine, and a soft stuffed animal for his injured princess. Think she has him wrapped around her finger?? :) The Visine did the trick, thank goodness! Last night reassured us that we had picked a great pediatrician...the doctor called me back an hour later to check on Lucy and I. She said she knew the baby would be fine and was actually more worried about momma (yes, I was in tears when she called the first time). Her instructions the second time were to take a picture for her baby book and go drink a big glass of wine!

This little cut caused that much drama...

New stuffed animal from Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment