Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thank goodness for OnStar...

Trying to get out the door and to the gym in the mornings is always crazy, but this past Monday was especially chaotic. We finally got out the door, Lucy was buckled in her car seat, all of our gear (including my cell phone) was thrown in the front seat, the car was started...I then realized I had forgotten something in the house. Without even thinking I got out of the car and shut the door...then half way to the house I realized I didn't have my car keys with me, which meant I didn't have a house key...run back to the car to find all of the doors LOCKED. A mother's nightmare? Yes! Lucy is locked in a running car that has my cell phone and all of my keys in it. I frantically start knocking on neighbors' doors and finally find someone home...and of course by now I am in tears and hysterics. Thankfully, she is a sweet mother of four children and was very understanding. I borrowed her cell phone and called OnStar, who had the doors unlocked within two minutes of me dialing the number. I was in tears through the whole ordeal and kept telling Lucy everything was okay. Lucy on the other hand, was screaming 'Elmo' at the top of her lungs, while pointing at the ceiling where the DVD player is located and looking at me around her car seat like, 'lady, get in this car and turn on Elmo!' 


Needless to say, I am a HUGE advocate of Onstar now...worth every penny of the annual fee! 

1 comment:

  1. what a Momma's worst nightmare! i'd be up a creek! hope we get to see the Hardaways soon! :)

    ReplyDelete