Saturday, November 13, 2010

Congrats and an accident...

Lucy and I made a quick trip to Dallas on Tuesday to celebrate with Megan...


...she graduated with her masters! Congratulations, Aunt Megan! We are proud of you!

While in Dallas we had an accident...I debated even blogging about this, but I want this blog to be real, so here we go...
We had just arrived in our hotel room when I heard Lucy making her bathroom noises. She had been having some constipation issues over the past week, so this was GREAT! I laid her on the bed, allowed her to finish, and then started to change her diaper. I felt like I needed to examine this particular dirty diaper (Jay would say I feel the need to examine every dirty diaper), so I turned around to examine it under the lamp. Suddenly, I heard a thud. At this point I had what we like to call a 'Megan moment' in our family...I turned around and actually thought to myself, "where did Lucy go?" In my last post I said she was close to rolling over; milestone accomplished. She had done a double roll (know it was double because she was in the center of the bed) right off the end of the bed. I have never been so scared in my whole life! She was screaming of course, but was quickly comforted after I picked her up. And she actually started to smile at me through her tears...so forgiving. My mom arrived minutes later, thank goodness. I didn't even want to tell her what had just happened because I was so embarrassed, but I needed her to tell me Lucy was okay. My mom assured me she was fine and that we would continue to watch her the rest of the evening. I guess babies really are more durable than we think...not that I am trying to test her durability! Accidents happen, right? :/

One last sweet picture...


No comments:

Post a Comment